ARCHITECTS AND ENGINEERS
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
Many of our clients are renowned architects’ and engineering offices who found out that professional legal counseling today is virtually inevitable for performing their services.
MEK unburdens you of all legal issues. Starting from the design and negotiation of architects’ and engineering contracts – for general contracting, subcontracting or individual contracting. We also draft contracts for planning communities, as an ARGE (=legally regulated building contracting association) or as a consortium, all adjusted to the project-specific requirements and particularities.
We also support you in the creation of tendering documents by providing contract terms or contract templates/modules.
For liability issues, we clarify the responsibilities and secure the recourse to other parties involved in the building project, or the professional liability insurance. Since many years, MEK is cooperating closely with the most acknowledged liability insurers of the industry.
We also consult you in case of disputes about the owed scope of services, and we help you assert claims for additional fees or invoicing fees, up to asserting your fees in court.
- Design of architects’ and engineering contracts for general contracting, subcontracting or individual contracting
- Contract design for organisational forms and cooperations (GbR, GmbH, planning associations acc. to ARGE, partnerships, consortiums etc.)
- Claims for damage compensation or liability claims (determination of facts, recourse to other parties involved in the building project, or to the professional liability insurance)
- Regulations for fees (HOAI)
- Assertion of claims for additional fees
- Reviewable invoicing and final accounting
- Search for surveyors, preparation and negotiation of contracts for surveyors‘ reporting contracts
- Preparation and negotiation of conciliation agreements, support in litigation
- Taking over arbitration or conciliation functions
- Support for or performance of mediation proceedings
- Litigation management
- Trainings on issues under architects’ law and engineers’ law